tisdag 7 januari 2014

The start and lack of Progress

Ever since we received our assignment in programming, it's been a mess. My lack of concentration, experience and patience has left a big blank in my work.
All throughout the holiday weeks, I haven't been able to make much progress. Not only because I forgot my earlier work and files, but because of uncertainty. I had no idea where or how to start. The Engine? Sprite manager? Particle effects?
Mostly graphics and sound-work were among the things I could contribute, even though it's programming what I'm supposed to contribute with. My group member ended up doing the majority of all the work.

Now that I'm back in Visby with my old files, things are starting to pick up. I managed to implement a sound manager and further worked on the graphics. The sound manager is mostly based on what assistant Jerry showed during a presentation.

Still, I'm almost as uncertain as earlier. I obviously need to refresh and repeat on earlier learnings. I feel as if I haven't fully grasped how SDL works. Not quite the time for this realization, since we only have about two weeks left on our assignment. Nevertheless, I will make the most of my efforts.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar